I cried.


... and I cried... Seriously? Cried? What kind of sap am I turning into in my 'old' age? LOL

A Robin has never really had a great significance in my life until about 4 years ago. Spring of 2006.

The morning Grandma passed away, a Robin appeared on our porch, tapping at the window on the door. It was there every morning for like a week! Then it moved to the downstairs window under the deck. Then in moved to the deck and built a nest and had 3 babies. The following year the Robin came back and built a nest in the garage. Not even scared when we walk up to it, just hops away, not startled.

My kids have come to know every Robin as "GG" - since my grandma is their great-grandma.

Well, yesterday while enjoying the warm weather on the deck. Sitting there just soaking up the sun and listening to the sounds (if I close my eyes, I can almost take myself back to summer vacations at grandma's cabin), I looked into the woods and there on the trail to the camp, I saw her.

A Robin... GG is back for the summer.

And I cried.

1 comments:

Karley Ziegler Mott said...

Such a reflective post. A robin is significant to me as well--that is why I use it in packaging for my business--it signifies creative and emotion rebirth and renewal and a fresh beginning. I really believe it is GG, Beth.