Finding pleasure in the sweet sounds of bickering :)

Sunday was boys day... the men of the house went to get all of Esdin's gear for football. I really don't want him to play football. I will be honest, I don't think he is cut out for a full-on, contact sport. He is more of a meek hearted person, and quite frankly I don't want him to get hurt! However, I was told by my husband that I can't not let him play. Apparently my MIL didn't let the boys play football in school for the same reasons and well, I don't want to be like my MIL :)
After the trip to the football store and the guitar store, they played putt putt golf and took a trip on the go carts.

Esdin crashed... 30mph right into a wall of tires. The guy had held up a sign, saying one more lap and Esdin was trying to read it, and not looking at where he was going missed a turn and crashed. Chin hit chest, chipped a tooth, knocked a couple permanate teeth loose, burned his neck and under his chin with the seatbelt, glasses flew off across the track.

Dennis said he was fine but shook up. He cried a bit at home about it. I called the doctor - looking for signs of a concussion and being an overly concerned mother, no doubt.

He is fine! Ate dinner fine and by 7:30 was outside playing outside with a bucket on his head and a superman cape on his back. What a relief.

Nothing like an injury to bring you back to reality and make you not care quite so much that they (Esdin and McCaiden) can't get along over a laser gun...or are quibbling about what snack to have before bedtime. I actually quite enjoy the sounds of the bickering...relish that they are making noise... when you know the situation could be so much worse.

So enjoy the noise!


BTW - while the boys were out being crazy and crashing, the girls bought nail polish, sun catchers and made cupcakes - so much more fun :)

1 comments:

MoBea said...

ya know, when I hear about our kids exchanging baby sitting or having dinner together or something I often say, "these are the two kids who sat in the backseat and said, "he's looking at me!" I know what you mean - even (or maybe especially) the bickering is precious. I'm glad Esdin is okay- let him play football, Uncle Scott only got hurt playing baseball and basketball! :) Anut