I love food :)

This is something that I have known for like, forever. I love food.
I love to cook food. I love to smell it. I love to eat it. I even
LOVE to watch cooking shows and challenges and top chef shows.

I don't really know why I have this "issue" ... food for me is like
my drug. I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't do drugs... I just
love it. Like right now, just thinking about cupcakes makes me want
to get up and make some. And I probably will ... and then I will
end up eating them!

There in lies the problem. I have no will power. Sitting across the
counter from me as I type this is a new box of Chex Mix Bars - Turtle
variety...."carmel covered corn chex pieces, wheat chex piece chocolate,
peanuts and pretzels". Can you say DELICIOUS! I seriously could
eat the entire box in one setting... and I just finished dinner,
I am NOT hungry. But the thought of it sounds so good, I could almost
convince myself that I am and eat one.. or two... or 6!

One thing I can thank my mother for (believe me there is not much)
is that I got a good metabolism. Although I can tell as I age that
it is slowing down. Or maybe it is the "left over baby weight"- yeah
thats it... my baby is 4.5 years old. I can't use that excuse forever.
I remember going to work with my mom and she had one drawer in her
desk - full of snacks... candy bars, chips, fun stuff to eat... what
was this, she didn't have this stuff at home.

I post a while ago about loosing weight. Lets see how I am doing.

I have cut out pop (just the occational sprite when i am need of
the bubbles!). During the day, I cut out snacking. I stopped going
to McD's on the way to work - yesterday I actually had strawberries
and oatmeal for breakfast -bad choice... strawberries make me itch,
but I digress. I have pushed back my lunch by about an hour so I
don't feel the need to snack all afternoon. And I haven't lost a
pound. Not an ounce.

I do have my downfall though... evening. Once the kids go to bed,
I feel the need to eat. I snack on every thing from gummie candies
(fat free - but 18 carbs) Chex Mix bars - mmmmmm, ice cream with nuts
and chocolate. You name it I will eat it!

0 comments: