Do I need to spell it out?

So Monday this week, the sitter was unable to come over and Dennis had meetings on the East side of the state so it was decided that Esdin would spend the day with my parents. Well, McCaiden couldn't be left out so she went to. Both my parents seemed happy that they were coming over. Going to spend the whole afternoon with their grandchildren.

Esdin himself could spend countless hours exploring the woods, going fishing, trampsing around the farm. McCaiden would love to bake cookies with grandma or go exploring herself.
I called about 3 hours after they got there to make sure all was fine, as my kids have never spent the day alone with my parents.

My mom answers the phone... McCaiden was coloring a pic, Mom was reading a book, Dad was sleeping and Esdin was playing army guys. What part of spend the day with your grandchildren don't you get? You complain and complain how you never see them. You are given this opportunity and you blow it by napping and reading some trashy love book?

My saint of a husband actually picked up the kids around dinner and stayed for dinner with my parents....Of course it was brought up that if you don't clear you plate, you won't get dessert... Lord, Dennis thought, here we go!

Now, on a side note, the kids said they had fun but Esdin's favorite part was coming home to see me :) And McCaidens favorite part was picking flowers in grandmas garden for me :)

I on the other hand, was bored after the first couple hours alone and it was so quiet. I don't know how to handle the quiet. I forced myself to not clean and do laundry... I sewed, I ate, I watched Tori & Dean Inn Love :)... it was a great evening.

1 comments:

MoBea said...

I hear you loud and clear- we have the boys at the cabin next week- I promise to do better.
love, Anut